- Birmingham Country
Dance Society is a well established dance community.
- North Alabama Country Dance Society
holds dances on odd Saturdays at Faith Presbyterian Church.
- Tuscaloosa Contra Dancers
very occasionally have a dance event.
- State schedule courtesy of the Gainesville
Old-Time Dance Society.
- Tallahassee Community Friends Of Old-Time Dance dance on the second Friday of each month.
- The Chattahooche
Country Dancers have regular dances each Friday and odd (1st, 3rd and 5th) Tuesdays, as well as an annual
The QuickSilver Country Dancers, Inc. produce monthly gender-free contra dances on the second Saturday of each month, except July and August.
- Athens Contra Dances
- Sautee Nacoochee
- The Sautee
Nacoochee Dances are held monthly in the mountains of north
Georgia at the Sautee Nacoochee Center
- Savannah Folk Music
Society dances on the 1st Saturday of the month.
- Berea Dances
- is about 30 minutes to the east of New Orleans, home of NASA's
Stennis Space Center as well as a tradition of old time music.
Dance and Song Society hosts occasional contra dances as
well as other jams, concerts, and folky stuff in Slidell and
relatively nearby (another 30 minutes) Abita Springs.
- Asheville area
- Asheville has an amazingly alive and varied dance culture.
There are several wonderful weekends either dedicated to, or
including, dance, and even some week long events.
The Old Farmers Ball
is a regular dance series. Their page includes a local schedule
of most of the area dances.
Contra Dancers have a dance one Saturday a month at the Jewish
Community Center. They also sponsor the yearly Summer Soiree
Weekends and festivals include the Lake
Eden Arts Festival, Summer Soiree, and Swannanoa
Gathering (with two full dance weeks).
- Boone Country Dancers host a contra dance most every second Saturday.
- is the home of the John
C. Campbell Folk School, a major center for preservation
of the art and heritage of Appalachian culture.
- Contra Dancing in and around Charlotte
- Triangle Area (Chapel Hill, Durham, and Raleigh)
in the Triangle includes dances sponsored by Carolina
Song and Dance Association, Fiddle and Bow, Pinecone
Council of Traditional Music, and Triangle Country Dancers
Arts Society of Greenville hosts a 2nd Saturday dance.
- Morehead City
- The Down East
FolkArts Society usually dance on 3rd Saturdays of the month.
- Cape Fear Contra Dancers
usually dance on 2nd Saturdays of the month, and on 1st and 3rd
- Winston-Salem & Greensboro
Fiddle and Bow Contra Dancers have dances in Winston-Salem
and in Greensboro. The also hold the annual Feet Retreat weekend.
Traditional Music and Dance dances on Second Saturdays.
Folk Contra Dance is normally on even Fridays. They also
list Savannah and Myrtle Beach dances.
Moon Folk Society has three regular dances a month and an
annual weekend festival.
- The Memphis
Country Dancers dance on the second, fourth and fifth Friday of each
month. The also host the yearly Memfest dance weekend in the spring.
- The Nashville Country Dancers dance
each Friday. They also have a Fall Dance Weekend and a Playford
Ball each year.
- The Misty Mountain Dancers usually meet one Friday a month in the American legion Hall for a friendly little dance.
- The Chattanooga
Traditional Dance Society is dancing in downtown Chattanooga
once a month.
- The Knoxville Country
Dancers have frequent dances as well as a lovely weekend
- The Historic Johnsborough Dance Society dances the first and third Saturdays every month in the auditorium of the Historic Jonesborough Visitors Center